Our mission is to provide the highest quality programs and services in a compassionate and caring manner to enhance the quality of life for all residents of the Algoma Medical Center and Long Term Care Unit.
We recognize our responsibility to maintain the highest standards of quality services and resident care through the employment, retention and promotion of staff who demonstrate an attitude of service excellence and a commitment conducive to personal and professional growth of our employees, a setting committed to quality care and teaching, and a “resident first” attitude toward the day-to-day conduct of our business.
The objectives of our mission are achieved in the following manner:
- Provide direct care services, education, support and advocacy for residents and family members who are involved with their care.
- Meet the individual needs of each resident without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, any other legally protected category, or ability to pay.
- Respect the resident and his/her family as individuals, assuring their right for confidentiality, respect and dignity.
- Maintain optimal standards of professional practice leading to the highest possible quality of care.
- Integrate resident/family education into all plans of care.
- Promote and encourage professional growth of all staff.